Skip to main content

Experiencing the Country's Best Coffee – A Review of the Library Coffee + Study

 

Algazelus

06.27.23


The latest addition to the list of famed coffee shops in the city of Zamboanga is no other than the Library Coffee + Study. This particular coffee shop is remarkable for providing both coffee and study services. On one end, they have separate rooms perfect for group study, and on the other, an array of ample space for individuals who prefer some peace and quiet while they study. Recently, I visited the Library Coffee + Study to have a sip of their specialty coffee and learn more about the character of this place.

Prior to my visit, however, I was told that they serve an array of coffees ranging from iced cappuccino to hot Americano. My thirst for hot Americano, however, was long overdue and I was eager to take a seat and dig in. I have tasted several americanos in a range of coffee shops, if I may add, and this particular experience promised to bruise my expectations.




It turns out, the barista who served me informed me that they use imported arabica coffee beans roasted to medium to make the hot americano. He also added that they offer an unlimited brewed coffee service for two hours for those who intend to avail of the private rooms. Unfortunately, the shop does not offer complimentary drinking water, so it is better to bring your tumbler filled with water.

On the first sip, I have to admit that I was underwhelmed. My hot americano did not meet my expectations of a balanced taste from the espresso and the additional crema. I detected a slightly bitter aftertaste, and it gave me the idea that the coffee was prepared with excess water or maybe with beans that had been roasted to a darker roast than intended.

Despite my positive experience at the cafe, I can’t help but be baffled as to why the coffeeshop are not making use of the local beans being produced here in the Philippines. I understand that foreign ones contain higher quality, but I think more significance should be given to local farmers that dedicate their time and effort in order to produce the finest-quality beans.

I appreciate the sense of going for a coffee, but as a customer, I find myself looking for something more from my beverage. My ideal americano makes use of locally sourced coffee beans, not just to support the local farmers, but to bring out the true essence of the Philippine coffee beans. 

With that being said, I can’t wait to explore more caffeine spots around the Philippines in the time to come. I’m certain that they will be offering amazing coffee made from beans that are locally nurtured. How wonderful it’d be to savor the goodness of Filipino-made coffee beans as they unleash their flavor, texture, and aroma!

Overall, my visit to The Library Coffee + Study in Zamboanga City drenched me with consolation and delight. It was a one-of-a-kind experience that gave rise to memories I can’t seem to shake off. I'm definitely going back there in the near future for another round of coffee and comfort.

I need not say more, for everyone has their defined notions about coffee and my own biased opinion about this shop may have deviated from yours. All I know is that the Library Coffee + Study is quite an intriguing place to visit. The ambiance is perfect for a bit of studying, and the amenities are pretty much spot-on for a coffee or two. Maybe when I get the chance to visit the shop again, I finally get to taste a perfect cup of hot americano. If anything, I'm certain it will be an experience worth raving about.


Location of THE LIBRARY COFFEE + STUDY

Pavillion lane Building Nuñez Street , Zamboanga City, Philippines, 7000

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forging meaningful relationships by building trust is essential for optimal communication with fellow Muslims in Allah's will.

Algazelus 06.10.23 Muslims around the world adhere to the same core values of faith in Allah, performing the pillars of Islam, and the belief in the Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) teachings. Despite living in different societies and cultures, the bond to a shared tradition, language, and conviction is strong among believers of the Islamic faith. However, from time to time Muslims can experience misunderstandings and prejudices that can affect how the faithful communicate with each other. To ensure that every Muslim maintains strong communication, understanding, and appreciation for each other, here are some tips on how to strengthen communication with fellow Muslims in Allah's will. Firstly, it is important to keep an open mind and respect the individual opinions and values of fellow Muslims. To gain a better understanding of the experiences of others, it is advised to actively listen to their stories and perspectives on a particular issue with patience and empathy. This will allow

'never give up and never lose hope,' for Allah has a plan for us

'never give up and never lose hope', for Allah has a plan for us and He will always be there to guide us. Algazelus 06.05.22 No matter how difficult life may seem at times, it is essential to be resilient and stay focused on the brighter future that awaits us. Don't let your difficulties take control over you; instead, we should have faith that this is just a dark night and a brighter day is on its way. We must have patience and remember that Allah is the best of planners and He will not burden us with more than we can bear.  We must remember there is light at the end of the tunnel, for He Almighty Allah has a better plan for us. He knows what is best for us and He will provide us with the strength and courage to face all our difficulties. So, don’t let your difficulties take control over you. Have faith that Allah will always provide you with the right guidance and help. During these hard times, it can be difficult to stay optimistic, but it is necessary to keep our minds

A Response to the recent acts of burning the Qur’an across parts of the world, most recently in Sweden

  A Response to the recent acts of burning the Qur’an across parts of the world, most recently in Sweden Over the many centuries since the dawn of Islam, the noble Qur’an, the sacred book and final revelation from Allah, has been held in the highest regard for Muslims the world over. Its significance, importance, and reverence can hardly be understated, the Qur’an is a source of guidance, strength, and hope, and one of the primary pillars of Islam. Therefore, the recent acts of burning the Qur’an across parts of the world, most recently in Sweden, are an affront to myself, my faith, and all believers of Islam. In my opinion, it is a curse on the entire world as it disregards and disrespects the divine revelation sent by Allah. To be clear, it is not only those who have taken part in such horrible blasphemy who are responsible for this sin. It is also the fault of those who stood by and watched the desecration without standing up or lifting a finger to protect the Qur’an. This lack of a