Skip to main content

This opportunity offered by Watsons is incredible. I am more passionate and have the courage to do more.

 "Finally, after all these years of experience working in the field of humanitarianism and peacebuilding, and creating a space for duty bearers to participate in crafting community-based approaches to strengthening peace, security and promoting social cohesion, these are some of the fruits to harvest. This opportunity offered by Watsons is incredible. I am more passionate and have the courage to do more."


I am thrilled to announce that I have been selected for the 2024 Western Union Foundation Fellowship, thanks to the efforts of the Watson Institute!

The application process was a mix of excitement and struggle. I had doubts about being accepted and shortlisted. Even during the final interview, although I felt some relief, I still had lingering doubts about my chances, especially considering I was competing with applicants from all over the world.



Just give a brief background: Out of 2900 applications from around the world, only 30 people were selected for this cohort, resulting in a selection rate of 1.7%. This fellowship will provide top-notch training, mentorship, and a community of like-minded entrepreneurs. I am excited to deepen my learning, share my journey, and make a positive impact alongside this remarkable group of changemakers.

After receiving the welcome email, I was impressed by the exceptional organization, clear communication, and comprehensive materials that truly embody the essence of this program.

I am grateful to everyone involved in this fellowship for their dedication to creating meaningful impact.

During the virtual session kickoff, I couldn’t be more excited to be part of such an inspiring cohort. We had the privilege of meeting some of the fellowship's alumni. Their stories and achievements have already motivated me. I said to myself, "Finally, after all these years of experience working in the field of humanitarianism and peacebuilding, and creating a space for duty bearers to participate in crafting community-based approaches to strengthening peace, security and promoting social cohesion, these are some of the fruits to harvest. This opportunity offered by Watsons is incredible. I am more passionate and have the courage to do more."

Lizzy Monroe , Mary Campbell , Uche Ogbonna , Mentor Dida , Jonathan Katende, Precious Azuonwu

Thank you so much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An inspiring and compelling book Atomic Habits written by James Clear

  Atomic Habits is an inspiring and compelling book written by James Clear. Clear is a renowned author and the founder of the website jamesclear.com, which advocates for healthy habits and good decision-making. This book focuses on one of the cornerstones of success: creating better habits and changing behaviors that lead to more positive and productive results. Through Atomic Habits, Clear provides readers with an in-depth understanding of the psychology and science behind habit formation, breaking it down into four steps. He also offers tangible action plans and strategies to help readers create and maintain positive habits to improve their lives. The first step of creating any habit, according to Atomic Habits, is gaining awareness of one's own behavior. Clear explains how habit formation works and how it is essential to become aware of our own habits in order to better understand and control them. Clear strongly recommends smaller changes such as setting micro-goals or breaking...

Review - Related Literature: "Aspirations, dysfunction, and conflict: Politics and security in the entangled economies of Malaysia and the Philippines"

Review - Related Literature: Article "Aspirations, dysfunction, and Conflict: Politics and Security in the entangled economies of Malaysia and the Philippines by Bansal, R., & Manicom, J. (2007). Introduction Bansal and Manicom’s 2007 article “Aspirations, Dysfunction, and Conflict: Politics and Security in the entangled economies of Malaysia and the Philippines” is a comprehensive examination of the dynamics between two states – Malaysia and the Philippines – in the volatile Asia Pacific region. It delves into the political, economic, and cultural connections between these two countries and analyzes how they impact security both regionally and at the interstate level. Drawing on a variety of sources, including data from the World Bank, the authors provide a comprehensive analysis of the dynamic between these two states. This review will discuss the key points put forward in the article, including the examination of how economic and political aspirations shape security decisio...

Poem: World is in chaos and surely it is not Allah's will

The world is in chaos and surely it is not Allah's will Algazelus 06.06.23 The world is a troubled place, Fraught with battles, and faces of pain. Never was it Allah's will, For transgressors to have their great sway. The drug lords, violent and cruel, Spread hate where peace should bloom. The warlords seek only destruction, Perversions of Allah's great creation. But still, amidst all of the chaos, We strive to find faith and solace. Let us remember for today Allah's blessings and will have a blessed day ahead. Verdant plains take on morning rays A light of divinity casts its rays But in chaos and destruction, the world lay It's surely not Allah's will With transgressors and warlords destroying allays Drug lords corrupt, regret won't delay Twisting and turning the pious away It's not part of Allah's great creation This earth is filled with pain and affray A future of bloodshed seems to stay Let us come together in this great fray For that, let Allah ...